Senin, 14 Juli 2014

Joachim Löw: "It makes us all proud"

After their dramatic victory over Argentina brought Germany their fourth World Cup win, Joachim Löw and his national team’s joy knew no bounds. DFB.de recorded the mood after Die Mannschaft’s triumph in Rio de Janeiro.


Joachim Löw (national coach): We’ve been together for 55 days but we started this whole project ten years ago. Our great strength is that we’ve been able to continually improve over that time. If anyone has earned this victory then it’s this team. Today there was only one deserving winner, and that’s this team. They’ve developed incredible team spirit and unbelievable willpower over the past few weeks. This deep feeling of happiness will remain with us all forever. It makes us all proud.
Oliver Bierhoff (national team manager): It’s incredible. I could feel it from the very first day in South Tyrol: something special is happening here. The best team have become world champions.
Mario Götze: It’s a great feeling. The team really earned this. There were one or two players who said before the game: "You’re going to do this today."
Philipp Lahm: What we’ve achieved again today is unbelievable; we worked extremely hard for 120 minutes. It doesn’t matter whether you have the best individual players – you’ve got to have the best team. We’ve continually improved during this tournament, haven’t allowed ourselves to be distracted in any way and stuck to our plan. And now here we are – world champions. What an unbelievable feeling. The team stayed calm and patient because they knew we had so much quality.
Manuel Neuer: It’s unbelievable. It’s an amazing experience. We’ve all worked incredibly well together since the training camp, when we suffered a couple of setbacks and lost players like the Bender brothers and Marco Reus – but those players are world champions too. The whole of Germany are world champions. I don’t know how long we’ll be celebrating for but we’ll have permanent smiles on our faces from now on.
Miroslav Klose: It’s amazing. This tops everything. We came second once, third another time… it’s just brilliant, and I can’t quite take it in yet. It was always a dream to be up there lifting the trophy once and not to always look up and applaud other teams. The team’s performance was important; we wanted to stay calm because we knew we had more quality. Before Mario replaced me, I said to him: “You’re going to do it for us.” I don’t yet know whether I’ll carry on in the national side; I’ll give it a couple of nights sleep and then make the right decision.
Bastian Schweinsteiger: We’re enjoying this moment, it’s incredible. Thanks to all of Germany for the support. Out here we could feel everyone standing behind us. Today we’re celebrating everything, we’re going for it. It’s an unbelievable achievement, but I’ve never experienced anything like the way the lads on the bench got involved. It gave us such a boost, and it’s only with their help that we have managed to win this trophy.
Lukas Podolski: Out on the pitch I said that it was only ten years ago that we came from the U-21 team to the senior side, and now we’re here with the World Cup trophy in our hands. It’s just fantastic. Thank you to everybody, the fans – we make a super team. Hello to everyone in Cologne – celebrate in style tonight!
André Schürrle: I can’t take it in at all yet. I had no idea what to do when the ref blew the final whistle. Tears just flowed as all the emotions hit me. We’re unbelievably happy. Before the goal I was just trying to cross the ball into the box with whatever energy I had left and Mario made a wonderful move. I don’t yet know what tonight holds, but we won’t be getting any sleep and we’ll make the most of it.
Jérôme Boateng: Everyone pushed themselves to the very limit. We all dug incredibly deep. Argentina defended well but got tired during extra time, and we had more wind left in our sails. I always believed we could win. Now we’ll celebrate until we can’t celebrate any more. Everyone can dance around on my shoulders tonight!
Mats Hummels: I’m still completely on another planet and too physically exhausted to be able to feel completely euphoric about what we’ve done. I’m sure that’ll happen over the next few days though. You can only become world champions if you act like world champions. We wanted to make that clear the whole time, and we managed it even though we had a little luck in the final, as we were already preparing for the penalty shootout in our minds.
Christoph Kramer: I can’t remember very much of it, but that doesn’t matter now. I’ve got to say hello to my grandma – it’s her birthday and I didn’t manage to speak to her today.
Alejandro Sabella (Argentina coach): It was a very finely balanced match. We had some very good chances but we weren’t effective enough. Germany had another day’s rest. I’d like to congratulate my players. They’ve played fantastically at this World Cup, and I’m proud of them. They gave their all in Argentina’s colours. Of course we’re all extremely disappointed, but we can still look at ourselves in the mirror and feel proud. Congratulations to Germany.

Source : dfb.de

0 Comments:

Post a Comment